HB 2504 Compliance
Public Access to Course Information Web Site
On October 29, 2009, the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board adopted Chapter 4, Subchapter N, Sections 4.225-4.229, concerning Public Access to Course Information, required by House Bill 2504, 81st Texas Legislature. Texas Education Code §51.974 authorizes the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board to adopt the following rules:
Each institution of higher education, other than a medical and dental unit, is to make available to the public on the institution's Internet website certain course information. In addition, the university must post information about work-study opportunities and departmental budgets. This information must be:
- accessible from the institution's Internet website home page by use of not more than three links;
- searchable by keywords and phrases;
- accessible to the public without requiring registration or use of a user name, a password, or another user identification;
- available not later than the seventh day after the first day of classes for the semester or other academic term during which the course is offered; and
- updated as soon as practicable after the information changes, at least once for every semester in which the course is offered.
This website provides useful information and demonstrates the university's commitment to accountability, transparency and open communication with students, parents, legislators, the public, and all stakeholders. On this website, you will easily find:
- for each undergraduate classroom course offered for credit by the institution, a syllabus and a curriculum vita for the instructor of record;
- for each academic department, a departmental budget report; and
- for work-study employment opportunities, a link to current job openings.
The university provides for end of term Student Ratings of Teaching Effectiveness. To request a copy of or more information regarding the information gathered by these instruments, you may contact the Program Approval Coordinator, Karin Thomas, at email@example.com or by calling (903) 886-5439.