Quality Enhancement Plan
SACS-COC Reaffirmation of Accreditation
Note: Accreditation of Texas A&M University-commerce is in the process of reaffirmation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
What is the Focus of Texas A&M University-Commerce QEP?
The overarching objective of the Texas A&M University-Commerce Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) is Preparing Students for an Interconnected World through a focus on improved global competence. The QEP proposes intentional structures and processes to enhance and improve students’ global competence through two programs: the Global Scholar Program and the Global Fellow Program. These two programs are designed so that, together, they will increase students' knowledge of global dynamics, their ability to apply that knowledge, as well as their understanding of their role as engaged citizens within an interconnected and diverse world.
These two programs that comprise the bulk of the QEP will enable the institution to strengthen its focus on global initiatives and significantly increase students’ global competencies, better preparing them for an interconnected world.
The objectives of the Global Scholar and Global Fellow Programs have been guided by the university strategic plan and mission and directly matched with the three student learning outcomes (SLOs) which were drawn from the best practices and the overarching goals of the QEP.
Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
- Students will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the interconnectedness of global dynamics (issues, processes, trends, and systems).
- Students will be able to apply knowledge of the interconnectedness of global dynamics.
- Students will be able to view themselves as engaged citizens within an interconnected and diverse world.
Timeline for SACS-COC Reaffirmation
- SACS COC Advisory Visit: July 2013
- SACS COC on-site review: March 3-6, 2014
- Final review by the Commission on Colleges: December 2014
QEP Proposal Narrative
To review the full narrative, click here for PDF.