Texas Summer Flute Symposium
Dr. Julee Kim Walker, Director
Assistant Professor of Flute, Texas A&M University-Commerce
June 2016 (Dates TBA)
The Texas Summer Flute Symposium features some of the nation’s finest flutists and pedagogues. Guest Artists will be announced soon for 2016.
Through Master Classes, Artist Recitals, Practice, Flute Choir and Electives, serious flutists will learn from these fine artists. Advanced entering High School, College, and Professional level flutists are welcomed. Apply early! Limited Performer spots available.
2016 Guest Artists
- Carol Wincenc, The Juilliard School
- Bonita Boyd, Eastman School of Music
- Terri Sundberg, University of North Texas
- Elizabeth McNutt, Comtemporary Music Specialist
- Conor Nelson, Bowling Green State University
- Demarre McGill, Dallas Symphony Orchestra
- Areon Flutes
By April 1st for Performers
By May 15th for Participants
- $375 – Performer (Performs in masterclasses for 2 Guest Artists and participates in flute choir, electives and final concert)
- $225 – Participant (Audits masterclasses, participates in flute choir, electives and final concert)
- $220 – Housing and Meals (double occupancy suite, Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner on campus)
- $75 – Auditor Day Pass (all-day access to classes/concerts on specific chosen day)
Register online here!
Click here for our Facebook page and more information.
For more information, please email Director Dr. Julee Kim Walker at Julee.Walker@tamuc.edu or call (903) 886-5328.