Paralegal Program Goals
It is the mission of this program to produce graduates who possess the legal knowledge and skills necessary to excel in the paralegal profession. We seek to instill a commitment to lifelong learning among a diverse group of learners.
- Students will demonstrate legal knowledge and practical skills necessary to perform substantive legal work under the direction of an attorney.
- Students will demonstrate competency in legal research and writing, problem analysis, and critical thinking.
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of their ethical responsibility in the legal profession
- Students will utilize technology necessary to meet employer needs.
- The program will reflect a diverse student body with regards to race/ethnicity, gender, and age.