6th Humor Research Conference 2016
Theme: Empirical Approaches to Humor
February 19-21, 2016 | Texas A&M University-Commerce at our location in downtown Dallas, Texas
The 6th annual Humor Research Conference (HRC) 2016 in Texas will take place as an international multidisciplinary all-plenary 3-day event at Texas A&M—Commerce’s location in downtown Dallas, TX.
- Abstract for general submission (up to 250 words; plus 1 extra page for images, references, etc.); indicate if paper (20m + Q/A) or poster or either.
- Panels of 3 papers (90 minutes)
- Workshops (90 minutes)
- Submission email: CHSSA@tamuc.edu
- Any topic in humor research is welcome, including and not restricted to literary studies, psychology, sociology and linguistics.
- Early Submission for those who need to plan travel
- Deadline : December 4, 2015
- Acceptance Notification : December 11, 2015
- Late Submission for local participants or those who can plan their travel late
- Deadline : January 8, 2016
- Acceptance Notification : January 15, 2016
Christian F. Hempelmann
Department of Literature & Languages
Hall of Languages
Commerce, TX 75429
Owen Hanley Lynch
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
- Registration Site
- $40 preregistration by February 4, 2016
- $50 after February 4, 2016
- $25 for students (please provide proof of student status on site)
- Conference fee includes conference refreshments, Friday night reception, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner for students.
TAMUC Downtown Dallas Campus,
1910 Pacific Place, Floors 2-4
1910 Pacific Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201