5th Humor Research Conference 2015
Humor and Pedagogy
- February 20-22, 2015 | Texas A&M University-Commerce at Universities Center in downtown Dallas, Texas
The 5th annual Humor Research Conference (HRC) 2015 in Texas will take place as an international multidisciplinary all-plenary 3-day event at Texas A&M—Commerce’s Universities Center in downtown Dallas, TX. The theme of this year’s HRC is “Humor and Pedagogy.”
Invited speakers include John Banas (U of Oklahoma), Catherine Evans Davies (U of Alabama), and Karina Hess Zimmermann (U Autónoma de Querétaro, México).
Selected peer-reviewed papers will appear in a special issue of E-JournALL (EuroAmerican Journal for Applied Linguistics and Languages), guest-edited by Salvatore Attardo.
- Abstract for general submission (up to 250 words; plus 1 extra page for images, references, etc.); indicate if paper (20m + Q/A) or poster or either.
- Panels of 3 papers (90 minutes)
- Workshops (90 minutes)
- Submission email: CHSSA@tamuc.edu
- Submission Deadline: December 7, 2014
- Acceptance Notification: December 15, 2014
- Detail Conference Schedule will be posted after the acceptance notifications.
Christian F. Hempelmann
Department of Literature & Languages
Hall of Languages
Commerce, TX 75429
Owen Hanley Lynch
Meadows School of the Arts
Southern Methodist University
Dallas, TX 75275
- Salvatore Attardo, Texas A&M-Commerce, TX
- Sarah Seewoester Cain, Rice, Houston, TX
- Elisa Gironzetti, Texas A&M-Commerce, TX
- Jyotsna Vaid, Texas A&M-College Station, TX
- Christian F. Hempelmann, Texas A&M-Commerce, TX
- Andrea Samson, Stanford University, Stanford, CA
- Registration Site
- $40 preregistration by January 31, 2015
- $50 after January 31, 2015
- $25 for students (please provide proof of student status on site)
- Conference fee includes conference refreshments, Friday night reception, Saturday lunch, and Saturday dinner for students.
Universities Center at Dallas (UCD)
1910 Pacific Place, Floors 2-4
1910 Pacific Avenue
Dallas, TX 75201
1933 Main Street
Dallas, TX, 75201