Welcome to Graduate Admissions. The Graduate School offers various opportunities for graduate admissions. Each program/area of study may require additional documents or have different admission deadlines. Below are the types of admission and links to program specific information. Please contact one of the Graduate Services Coordinators for assistance.
You may check your application status online in myLeo once you have received your ID and PIN number from the Graduate School.
Master's & Specialist degree programs offer full, conditional and provisional admission. Full admission is offered for all doctoral programs. Educator certification, graduate certificates, and nondegree offer provisional admission and nondegree admission. International Students (F1 or J1 visa holders) are eligible for full and conditional admissions only.
- Application fee: $50
- All official transcripts - Bachelor's degree, including all transcripts used towards bachelor's degree. Any master's degree transcript or transcripts with graduate coursework (if applicable).
- Official GRE/GMAT Scores. Some programs provide options for the GRE/GMAT score requirement. You may viewed the specific program admission requirements by selecting your program online.
- Application fee, $75.00, US dollars (this may be paid online when you apply)
- Official transcripts (with a copy of the provisional certificate or diploma)
- Bank Statement from the sponsor, must reflect a balance of at least $26,024.82 USD (must be less than 1 year old)
- Official sponsor statement
- English Proficiency:
- Official TOEFL (IBT at least 79, or CBT at least 213, or PBT at least 550), scores must be less than 2 years old, or
- IELTS (at least overall 6.00 band), scores must be less than 2 years old, or
- Completed bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree from a U.S. regionally accredited university, or
- Successful completion of the A&M-Commerce English Language Institute (ELI) program
Note: Each program/area of study may have additional admission requirements or may require additional documents.
Full Admission Status
Full admission is available to applicants seeking a degree program with a complete admission application packet and who meet all Graduate School and Departmental Requirements.
Conditional Admission Status
Conditional admission is available to applicants with a complete admission application packet but do not qualify for full admission. This could be because of a low bachelor's degree gpa (below 2.75 for most programs/ 3.00 for business programs) or other Departmental requirements. After completing 12 graduate hours, a conditional student must have an overall graduate grade point average of 3.00 or higher. Failure to achieve the minimum 3.0 GPA after completing 12 graduate hours will result in suspension of the student from further graduate study in any degree program for 3 years.
Provisional Admission Status
Provisional admission is offered to students to enroll for one semester (initial semester of enrollment in the Graduate School) with any of the following deficiencies:
- An official bachelor's transcript from a regionally accredited institution is not on file
- An official GRE or GMAT score is not on file
- One or more departmental requirements are incomplete
Students admitted provisionally must be sure their missing documents are received by the Office of Graduate Studies and all requirements are complete before the end of the first semester of enrollment so the Graduate School can continue the admission consideration process. Completion of the application packet and all requirements on time is the student's responsibility. Students whose files are not complete during the semester of provisional enrollment will not be permitted to reenroll or early register until the necessary documentation is received and admission is granted. Financial Aid and Graduate Assistantships are not available while in provisional status. International Students (F1 or J1 visa holders) are eligible for full and conditional admissions only.
Nondegree Complete Status
Nondegree complete status is offered to students who have submitted all admission documents and met all admission requirements for a graduate certificate, educator certification, and personal, professional and career development.
- Doctoral programs accept full admission only.
- Financial aid is available for full and conditional admission status only.
- International Students (F1 or J1 visa holders) are eligible for full and conditional admissions only.
Please select the area you wish to explore:
(International Students who are interested in this program, please contact the Graduate School
Graduate.School@tamuc.edu or 903-886-5163
Doctoral Degree Coordinator