A Commitment for TJC Graduates
This exciting initiative is to facilitate the ease of transfer for students moving from Tyler Junior College associate degrees into baccalaureate programs at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
TJC graduates who enroll this spring are eligible for scholarships:
- $1000 scholarship if they enroll in six semester hours. This scholarship is possible because of the generosity of A&M-Commerce alumni in Smith County.
- If students choose to enroll in 15 semester credit hours, they will also be considered for our general transfer or Phi Theta Kappa scholarships when criteria is met.
Available Transfer Scholarships:
- $2000 per year if a student has a 3.50 GPA and 45 transferable hours
- $1500 if they have a 3.25 and 45 transferable hours
- $1000 per year with a 3.00 GPA and 45 transferable hours.
- Students are also eligible for a $500 housing scholarship. These scholarships are for two years if students maintain 15 credit hours each semester and the specified GPA requirement.
If students are members of Phi Theta Kappa*, they will receive:
- $3000 per year for a 3.75 GPA or higher
- $2500 per year for a 3.50 GPA or higher
- $2000 per year if they have a 3.25 GPA or higher.
*The Phi Theta Kappa scholarship is not stackable with the general transfer scholarship.