The Nexus is located on the 1st floor and is open to student, faculty, staff and limited community use during regular Gee Library hours. Community members may use the computers labeled "Public Access Computer". The Nexus may not be reserved for classroom use.
For comments or questions concerning The Nexus contact Sean Anderson and Sue Weatherbee .
More information about other computer labs on the Texas A&M University-Commerce campus is available for your convenience.
The Nexus is equipped with 84 computers, two scanners, two high speed laser printers, and one color printer.
The scanning equipment is self-service. Printing is available in the lab using the LION card. Scanned material can be saved to a USB flashdrive.
Software available in the main computer lab includes
- Internet browsers
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Open Office
- Comic Life
- Engineering software
- Any use of university computer facilities must be connected with the university’s education mission. The computers in the lab are intended to support students in their coursework. If a person is using a computer for non-coursework related purposes, such as personal e-mail, surfing the internet, or playing games, he or she may be asked to relinquish the computer to someone with a more pressing need.
- Any use of the university computer facilities must comply with any state and federal statutes which apply including those which involve computer or software use.
- Any non-university student under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent.
- No addition, modification, copying or deletion of software on a university computer may be carried out without permission by the university authority in charge of that facility.
- No food is allowed in The Nexus. Drinks are allowed in The Nexus so long as they are covered or closed when not being consumed.
- If there is a problem with a computer or printer, bring it to the attention of a lab attendant immediately. Do not attempt to resolve the problem yourself.
Printing to the laser printers requires a LION card. A guest card may be purchased for $1.00 at the CMC (Cash Management Center) in Gee Library and additional money may be added to LION cash accounts and guest card accounts.
Lost items, with the exception of USB drives, discovered in The Nexus are turned in to the Customer Service Desk where they are held for 30 days.
Lost USB drives are sent from the Library to IT every Friday. To retrieve the USB drive, go to BA 156 and the IT Department will assist you in recovering your USB drive. USB drives are kept at the IT Department for 30 days.
The Nexus is staffed by lab attendants. If you need assistance, ask an attendant for help. Please be patient if the attendant is helping another student.