Changing from Nondegree or Certification Status to a Degree Program

A student wishing to change status from nondegree student status to a degree program must file a new application for admission to the Office of Graduate Studies and Research and satisfy all admission requirements for the specific degree program.

No more than 12 graduate credit hours taken in nondegree status may be applied toward a master's or a doctoral degree. Individual departments will make the final determination on how many semester credit hours (up to 18) a student may transfer from certification status to a master's degree program. All students should consult with the degree granting program concerning specific departmental transfer criteria.

All available programs