Born and raised in Corpus Christi, Texas, Debbie Helm Daniel has twenty-six years of Texas teaching which included appointments at both the middle and high school levels in the Midland, Richardson, and Garland ISDs. Choral groups under her direction have performed on two occasions at state conventions of the Texas Music Educators Association and at the 1990 American Choral Directors Association National Convention.
She is a contributing author for choral textbooks including Essential Elements for Choir, Experiencing Choral Music, Voices In Concert, and the elementary music text Spotlight on Music. She has also worked as a consultant for Hal Leonard Music Corporation and Glencoe/McMillan-McGraw-Hill. Mrs. Daniel serves as University Liaison for choral music student teachers in their field experience. A frequent choral clinician and contest adjudicator, she resides in Dallas with her husband Rusty and four-legged child, Chelsea. She enjoys playing handbells in the Elliott Handbell Ensemble of Highland Park Presbyterian Church.
- M.A., Eastern New Mexico University
- B.M., Music Education, Eastern New Mexico University
- Adjunct Instructor, Music, Texas A&M University-Commerce
- Secretary, Texas Choral Directors Association
- Jr. High Vice President, Texas Choral Directors Association
- President, Texas Choral Directors Association
- Past President, Texas Choral Directors Association
- Texas Music Educator Association
- American Choral Directors Association
- Texas Music Adjudicators Association