Kristin Vogt is the music specialist at Brinker Elementary School in Plano ISD, where she teaches Kindergarten through 5th-grade students and an adjunct professor at A&M–Commerce. This is her 18th year teaching elementary music. She earned her Kodály certification from the Plano ISD/UNT program and her Orff Schulwerk certification from SMU.
Ms. Vogt presents professional development sessions for school districts in Texas. She has taught Pedagogy I and Folk Music Materials II at the SMU Kodály Certification Program since 2010. Kristin also is the Past President on the executive board for Kodály Educators of Texas and is currently serving as President-Elect of the Southern Division for the Organization of American Kodály Educators. Ms. Vogt has two sons, a sophomore in high school and a seventh-grader, and she is an avid runner.
- M.M, Music Education, Southern Methodist University, 2003
- M.M., Music Theory, Southern Methodist University, 2003
- B.M., Music Theory, Southern Methodist University, 2000
- Kodaly Training Program, Southern Methodist University, 2012-Present
Awards and Honors
- Teacher of the Year, Wyatt Elementary, 2009
- PTA Lifetime Memeber, Wyatt Elementary, 2009
Selected Leader Positions
- President, Kodaly Educator of Texas, 2015-2019
- Secretary, Kodaly Educator of Texas, 2010-2015
- Texas Music Education Association
- Organization of American Kodaly Educators
- American Orff Schulwerk Association