TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
The TEAS exam allows nursing programs to test applicants in reading, mathematics, science, and English language and usage. By gauging students' academic readiness, nursing programs are able to admit the best prospective students into their program.
Texas A&M University-Commerce proctors the TEAS exam for applicants into our nursing program and for other universities requiring the exam.
The HESI® Admission Assessment (A2) is an entrance exam completed by applicants of Nursing & Healthcare Education programs. A2 identifies students' academic strengths and areas where improvement may be needed to fully support their academic program success. It evaluates knowledge and skills in three primary academic areas: English Language, Math, and Science. A composite percentage score is provided by averaging all completed exams.
TEXAS A&M UNIVERSITY-COMMERCE; can proctor your HESI A2 exam for schools or universities requiring the exam. For more information, please call 903.886.5122 Purchase your exam with the Testing Center.
How to Take Your TEAS
The A&M-Commerce nursing program requires a 58% or higher for nursing program applications. It is your responsibility to check with the Department of Nursing for all application requirements.
You must register with ATI prior to taking the TEAS Exam. You can register at https://atitesting.com/teas/register. You need to know your user name and password the day of the exam.
Make your $115 payment online through Marketplace.
You can schedule your exam by calling 903.886.5122 Monday-Friday from 8 am to 5 pm.
- Please have your 5-digit MarketPlace order confirmation number on hand when you call.
- You must call at least 24 hours in advance of your desired test date (72 hours for a Monday).
- We schedule the TEAS daily at 9:00 am or 1:00 pm depending on availability.
- Please arrive 15 minutes early on testing day and bring a government issued photo ID. Temporary licenses or student ID are NOT acceptable.
- We are located in the Welcome Center, 2200 Campbell St., Commerce, TX, 75428
- If you arrive after check-in, you will not be permitted to test and will need to repurchase the exam. You will not be refunded.
- Please know your ATI login credentials when you arrive for testing.
- You will see your results immediately upon completion of the exam.
- Your scores will be automatically received by the institution you tested with. If you would like to send your scores to another nursing program, you can do so in your ATI account online.