As a state institution, we are prohibited from requiring vaccinations and masks. (See Texas Executive Orders 35 and 36.) While those measures are prohibited, we are doing the following to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Employees will follow CDC guidelines for quarantining and self-isolating if they test positive for COVID-19 or come in close contact with someone who tested positive.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout our programs and facilities, and everyone is encouraged to use before and after activities.
- All participants who register for our programs will be notified that if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, test positive, or come in close contact with anyone with COVID-19, they should not register for or come to Campus Rec programs as well as cancel their registration.
- Equipment throughout the facility and in programs will be regularly cleaned by staff. There are also disinfectant wipes that everyone should use to wipe down their equipment after use.
- High-usage areas in the MRC will have maximum capacity limits to enable physical distancing:
- One basketball court: 30 max
- Lower level weight room (free weight area): 20 max
- Middle level weight room (pin select machine area): 20 max
- Activity room: 20 max
- Program specific measures include:
- All program participants have the option to wear a mask.
- Group Fitness and Personal Training: Equipment will be cleaned after use.
- Outdoor trip participants will have the option to sleep in their own tent or room, and hand sanitizer and masks will be available throughout the trip.
- Intramural sports will offer outdoor sports at the beginning of the semester and equipment (including pinnies) will be cleaned after use.
- Club sports participants will have the option to sleep in their own room when traveling.
***The CDC defines quarantine as keeping someone who was in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 away from others.