"The power of the Web is in its universality. Access by everyone regardless of disability is an essential aspect." - Tim Berners-Lee
Texas A&M-Commerce University is committed to making every possible effort to ensure all electronic and information technology developed, procured, maintained, or used is accessible to individuals with disabilities.
All Web applications and sites at Texas A&M University-Commerce must meet the statutory requirements in:
- System Regulation 29.01.04 Accessibility of Electronic and Information Resources
- Rule 29.01.04.R1 Accessibility of Electronic and Information Resources
- Texas Administrative Code §206.70 Accessibility
- Texas Administrative Code §213 Accessibility Standards
- Texas Government Code 2054, Subchapter Access to Electronic Information Resources by Individuals with Disabilities
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
- American Disabilities Act of 1990
The university has designated the following individual as EIR Accessibility Officer, Lydia Harkey.
The role of the EIR Accessibility Officer is to monitor the university's compliance with accessibility policies and to facilitate training of Web publishers and developers to ensure all Web applications and sites are accessible. Written requests for exceptions to accessibility policy may be granted under appropriate circumstances.
If you cannot fully access the information on a particular page, please contact our EIR Accessibility Officer for assistance.
Additional information about accessibility programs in Texas is available from The Governor's Committee on People with Disabilities, Department of Information Resources | Statewide EIR Accessibility.