Curriculum & Instruction
Welcome to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction ..Where Teachers Come to Learn!
In partnership with area schools, our undergraduate and graduate-level students are empowered for high cognitive demand teaching which includes:
- Knowledge of content
- Knowledge of pedagogy
- Designing Instruction for all students to do complex thinking and academic work
- Providing effective feedback and evidence-based assessments
- Forming collaborative relationships with families and communities to support student learning
Degree Programs include:
- BSIS/BAIS-Field-based undergraduate teacher certification preparation – strong certification rates, wide variety of placement opportunities, and intensive support from mentor teachers and university liaisons. Certifications are available for EC-6, 4-8, and 8-12;
- Online masters degrees in Curriculum & Instruction, Early Childhood Education, or Reading;
- Secondary Education Masters Degree with the option of 18 hours for coursework preparing secondary teachers to teach Dual Credit in their content area;
- Doctoral degree (EdD in Supervision, Curriculum, and Instruction) with multitude of options for areas of emphasis such as Early Childhood Education, Reading, Bilingual Education/ESL, Math Education, Science Education, Special Education, and other areas
Our faculty is comprised of outstanding educators who have earned masters and doctoral degrees from universities throughout the United States and who have practical experience teaching in K-12 classrooms. Many faculty teams have secured grants which provide additional support for learning to teach English Learners and preparation for teaching in the STEM areas.