College of Education and Human Services
Congratulations Dr. Travis! Click here to view the Convocation video.
We’re improving the quality of life in Texas and beyond by educating teachers, administrators, and human services professionals through the College of Education and Human Services. We’re known throughout the state for graduating more high school principals, superintendents, and school counselors than any other college or university in Texas.
A&M-Commerce graduates pass the initial statewide teacher certification examinations at a phenomenal rate of 97 percent.
Our success comes from working closely with students in small class sizes, where our top faculty can take the time to develop personal relationships with students. You’ll receive the guidance and mentoring you need to achieve success in the classroom and as you take on practical, real-world experiences that build the confidence and skills you’ll need to compete when you graduate.
The College of Education and Human Services offers a wide variety of majors. Our partnerships with local school districts give teacher education students on-the-job training. Social work and counseling students use practicum courses and internships to apply theory and techniques learned in the classroom. Innovative educational research performed by world-class faculty give both undergraduate and graduate students opportunities to explore methods that will reinvent teaching practices. In addition, we offer:
- Bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral degrees through six departments
- Preparation for certification in teacher education, administration, and counseling
- Preparation for licensure in social work, counseling, and athletic training education
- Outstanding educators who publish in academic journals and textbooks, and present at professional conferences, but always put student learning first
- Technologically advanced facilities, such as the human performance lab