Eight faculty members at A&M-Commerce will be awarded the 2021 Dr. Augustine “Chuck” Arize Junior Faculty Award in a virtual ceremony on Tuesday, Oct. 5.
Dean Kimberly McLeod in the College of Education and Human Services will serve as keynote speaker for the event.
The award recognizes A&M-Commerce junior faculty who exhibit professional excellence. Candidates are nominated by department heads or deans based on exceptional teaching evaluations, research, publications and more.
Recipients of the 2021 award, selected by the Texas Association of Black Personnel in Higher Education and the A&M-Commerce Faculty Senate, include:
- Gerald Burch, Ph.D., Management and Economics
- Mylynka Cardona, Ph.D., History
- Kamshia Childs, Ed.D., Curriculum and Instruction
- Edith Gonzalez, Ph.D., Counseling
- Mohamed Komaki, Ph.D., Marketing and Business Analytics
- Mimi Li, Ph.D., Literature and Languages
- Bahar Modir, Ph.D., Physics and Astronomy
- Zachary D. Palmer, Ph.D., Sociology and Criminal Justice
The event will be broadcast live on Zoom at 6 p.m.