We seek to educate the campus community on risks, and strategies to mitigate those risks. We strive to partner collaboratively with all members of our university and to act as a resource in ethical problem solving. We aim to feedforward (focus on the future and not the past) and provide input and strategies to shape future behaviors that align with the university’s core values.
System and university ethics and compliance responsibilities are defined in System Policy 16.01, System Regulation 16.01.01, University Procedure 16.01.01.R0.01 and in the Texas Education Code Section 51.971, Compliance Program.
We strive to…
- Seek Equality: Stop, prevent and remedy inequalities and wrong-doing
- Provide Resources: Facilitate training, engage the campus community and respond to evolving needs
- Promote Ethics: Encourage and empower individuals to “do the right thing”
Our strategic Plan
Train, Educate, Engage
- Be the touchpoint for both campus and community partners through our tangible brand awareness and relationship development.
- Manage expectations by effectively communicating our role and services provided.
Cultivate and Support Ethical Behavior
- Cultivate and support ethical behavior by being and providing resources to the campus.
- Identify issues on campus while building partnerships with colleges, departments, divisions, students and the community.
- Recognize/acknowledge individuals and department that demonstrate ethical and compliant actions.
- Assist in fact finding to empower individuals to make ethical decisions that align with individual and institutional core values.
- Support departments to ensure practices are efficient and compliant by offering proactive compliance solutions.
- Track metrics to measure trends, performance and results to find areas of needed improvement.
- Strive for transparency and accountability with continued internal program assessments.
- Solicit feedback from collaborating parties to assess and improve processes.
Ethics and Compliance Committee
The University Ethics and Compliance Committee (UECC) meets quarterly and is chaired by the Ethics and Compliance officer. The committee’s purpose is to develop a compliance plan concerning A&M-Commerce operations. The compliance plan, which is approved by the president and System Ethics and Compliance officer, recognizes how the university systematically addresses risks, identifies emerging risks and monitors the effective mitigation of risks identified. The Executive Ethics and Compliance Committee is responsible for executive-level oversight of the risks identified by the UECC.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us.
REPORT FRAUD, WASTE OR ABUSE
Employees of the A&M System are required to report factual information suggestive of fraudulent, wasteful or abusive activities that may involve the System or any of its members. For further information, please reference 10.02 Fraud Prevention,10.02.01 Fraud Prevention, 07.01 Ethics
- By phone: 888.501.3850
- Risk, Fraud and Misconduct Hotline web page
- By phone: 800.892.8348
- State Auditor's Office website