Planetarium PRIVATE GROUPS :: Introduction
The Planetarium offers special programs scheduled on an individual basis. Private groups can be scheduled by emailing [email protected] or by calling the office 903.468.8650. Examples of private groups or programs include, but are not limited to:
- Movie night
- Scouts programs
- Birthday parties
- Private viewings
Private groups can include viewing one or more planetarium shows with group sizes up to 81 visitors. Private group shows are $5 per person for each show. There is a $50 minimum fee for groups of 10 or fewer.
For groups who wish to rent the facility for a movie, the standard fee is $75 for a two-hour limit. Anything over two hours is an additional $25 per 30 minutes. The person making the reservation is responsible for providing the movie (DVD or Blue-ray Disk only), which must be suitable for all audiences. All selections must be approved by the planetarium office before scheduling.
Please note that private groups are required to follow the policies of the Planetarium and Texas A&M University-Commerce. We request that private groups be scheduled at least two weeks prior to the event to ensure adequate time for preparation and scheduling of staff.
The planetarium is located in the McFarland Science Building of the A&M-Commerce campus, located approximately 65 miles northeast of the Dallas metroplex.
From Dallas, take Interstate 30 east. Exit to Highway 50/24 (exit 101) and proceed approximately 10 miles north to Commerce. The first intersection/stoplight is Culver and Hwy 50/24, turn right toward the east and prepare to take the first turn left turn on Neal Street. Continue straight on Neal Street which will end at the McFarland Science Building. Signs have been posted for directions beginning at the intersection of Culver and Hwy 50/24.
Physical address: 2201 W. Neal St, Commerce, TX 75428
All personal vehicles are required to complete and print a Free Visitor Parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows.
Please utilize parking lots 16, 18 and 19 on the campus map found at the link below for all parking. Parking in Lot 35 is extremely limited during regular business hours.
Please allow extra time for parking and to purchase tickets. For the comfort and safety of all our visitors, once the planetarium doors are closed, late admission is not permitted.
For the comfort and safety of all planetarium visitors, we request that all visitors comply with the following policies:
- No late admission to the planetarium, once the show begins, the doors will remain closed for the comfort and safety of all visitors.
- Please enter from either Culver or Neal Street, and use parking lots 16, 18, or 19 as noted on the campus map for parking.
- All cell phones must be turned off before entering the planetarium. The phones can interfere with the wireless system used to run the program.
- No food or drinks in the planetarium, including gum and candy.
- The Planetarium’s maximum seating capacity is 81 visitors. We are required to remain strictly within those limits.
- The Planetarium is handicap accessible. Please see the seating guide below for handicap access. Our office is happy to accommodate special requests and can be reached at 903.468.8650.
- P.O. Box 3011
- Commerce, TX 75429-3011
For a recorded message providing show information and times, call 903.468.8652.Back to menu