Our Mission – Testing Center
The Testing Center at A&M-Commerce provides access to a wide array of high-quality testing and assessment services for students and the community. The Testing Center at A&M-Commerce subscribes to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines and is a member of the NCTA Consortium of College Testing Centers.
We believe all examinees at our center are entitled to the following:
- High standards of testing integrity
- Professional staff that are trained to ensure a stress free testing experience
- A wide variety of tests in various methods of test delivery, such as computer-based, internet delivery and paper/pencil tests.
Testing Center :: Big Easy Links
The health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and those we serve are our top priorities! If you have any questions concerning A&M-Commerce and COVID-19, visit our Stay Healthy Lions! page. For questions concerning the Testing Center, please contact us 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at 903.886.5122 or by email at [email protected].
On Tuesday, May 18, Governor Abbot issued Executive Order GA-36. This executive order prohibits government entities from mandating or requiring mask-wearing. Effective immediately, A&M-Commerce will no longer require the use of face coverings on university property, during university events or in university buildings. A&M-Commerce would like to remind our faculty and staff of the importance of following current guidelines and regulations from local public health officials, the CDC and the A&M System. We recommend that students, faculty, and staff continue to wear face coverings when physical distancing is not feasible.
Texas Success Initiative Assessment
Texas has revised the Texas Success Initiative Assessments (TSIA2), which launched on January 11, 2021. The TSIA2 is taking the place of the prior TSI assessments. Among the changes, the TSIA2 assessments have combined the Reading and Writing sections into one exam titled English Language Arts Reading (ELAR). The TSIA2 Mathematics assessment is still a standalone assessment. In addition, the TSIA2 has revised questions, scoring, and learning resources for test-takers.
For more information, see the TSIA2 Assessment page on our website.
Testing Center :: Policies and Procedures
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Children are not allowed in our testing center. Please do not leave children without adult supervision while taking the exam. Testers that arrive with children will not be allowed to test and will need to reschedule their exam for another day. You will forfeit your testing fees and must repay to reschedule.
Lockers are provided for small personal items so that you can take the exam worry-free. You may not access the lockers during testing. Please leave non-essential personal items at home or locked securely in your car. We are not responsible for lost, misplaced or stolen items.
Testing Center Supplied Items
We will provide you with:
- Scratch paper
- Earplugs (upon request)
- Scantrons (if needed for exam)
- Calculator (if authorized for use)
The following items are not authorized in the testing room. Failure to adhere to this policy will result in dismissal from the Testing Center.
- Cell phones and other electronic devices
- Watches of any kind including analog watches, smartwatches, electronic watches, Fitbit or other fitness trackers/devices
- iPods and MP3 players
- Recording devices, such as USB drives, handheld records
- Photographic equipment
- No outside books, papers, notes, calculators or other aids are allowed unless specified by your exam instructions.
- Food and drink
- Purses, backpacks, bags and briefcases
- Large outwear (jackets, coats, hoodies, etc)
TESTING CENTER CONTACT US
- The Welcome Center
- 2200 Campbell St., Commerce, TX 75428
Hours of Operation
8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday