Find out who is eligible to borrow library materials, how long you may keep them and other useful information.
To borrow library materials, bring your Lion Card and the library materials to the library information desk.
|1 year, due end of each spring semester
|1 year, due end of each spring semester
|End of each semester
|Lost Replacement Fee
|2 hours, in-library use only
You can request that a book be retrieved from the shelves and held for you at the library information desk by using the request feature in OneSearch.
To place a request:
- Go to Waters Library.
- Type in your search terms in the main search window labeled Search All Library Resources.
- Once the book is located in the library catalog, click on Available under the title.
- Click Get It in the column located on the left side of the screen.
- Sign in under the Get It heading (students use myLEO login; faculty/staff use domain login).
- Click Request under Get It.
- Select a date.
- Click Send Request.
- You will receive an email notification when the item is ready for pickup. Remember to bring your Lion Card to pick up the book.
Renew a book if you need to use it beyond the due date. Request a renewal by bringing your Lion Card and the books to the library information desk. To renew the book online:
- Sign In to OneSearch.
- When prompted, log in with your CWID and password. Faculty and staff will log in with their domain credentials.
- Select Loans.
- Select the book(s) that you want to renew, then select Renew.
- The new due date and time will display and the status will change to Renewed.
Return all library items, except laptops, to the library information desk at the Commerce campus. Return laptops to the self-service kiosks located in the library, Sam Rayburn Student Center, Phase II Dorm or Phase III Dorm.
The library has a variety of media equipment available for checkout by current students, faculty and staff. The equipment includes digital cameras, easels, tripods and more.
Currently enrolled students may check out a laptop from the self-service kiosks located in the library, Sam Rayburn Student Center, Phase II Dorm, or Phase III Dorm.
Instructions for checking out a laptop:
- From the touchscreen menu on the kiosk, select Checkout.
- Read the on-screen acknowledgement and select I Agree.
- Swipe your Lion Card.
- From the touchscreen menu, enter your CWID password and select Submit.
- The kiosk will display the loan period on the screen and dispense a laptop.
- Choose Thank You on the loan period screen to complete the transaction.
- You will receive email notifications with information about when you checked out and returned the laptop, including the due date.
You may return a laptop to any of the four self-service kiosk locations on campus that have an empty slot. Insert the laptop into an empty slot making sure you fully insert the laptop. Wait for the touchscreen to display your confirmation return receipt, then choose Thank You to acknowledge and complete the transaction. Note: This step is very important to ensure the transaction is completed.
A TexShare Card provides A&M-Commerce students, faculty and staff with access to print collections at more than 500 public and academic libraries across the state. TexShare cards are available at the library information desk. To check out books at the visiting library, you need your Lion Card, TexShare Card, and photo ID. The book limits vary for each library. A TexShare Card does not provide access to research databases or other online resources at the visiting library.
Visit TexShare Card Program for more information.
Alumni, faculty emeritus, retirees and residents (minimum age 18) of the following counties may borrow library materials: Hunt, Fannin, Delta, Lamar, Hopkins, Rains, Van Zandt, Kaufman, Rockwall, Dallas, Collin or Grayson. Checkout services include up to 10 books from the circulating collection, with a 30-day loan period and one renewal. Applications are available at the information desk. The community borrower card does not provide access to the library's research databases. For more information, contact the library information desk at 903.886.5718.
Contact Chris Brown, library customer service associate, at 903.886.5718 for additional information about borrowing library materials.