Emergency Resources :: Crisis Intervention
Drop in Crisis Services
Counselors are available during normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.) and here to:
- Assist students who are experiencing a mental health crisis
- Consult with students, faculty or staff who may know of a student in crisis
After Hours Crisis Services
If you are in immediate crisis and one of the following applies to you:
- You feel you are in immediate danger of harming yourself
- You feel you are in immediate danger of harming someone else
- You have recently been assaulted or had a traumatic experience
Call 911 or the Counseling Center at 903.886.5145 and press 1 to speak with an after-hours crisis counselor now.
For confidential, discreet appointments visit or call the Counseling Center at 903.886.5145.
For more information on sexual violence, sexual harassment, dating violence, domestic violence and/or stalking see Title IX Assistance.
Critical Incident Response Team (CIRT)
We’re Here When You Need Us
The Counseling Center offers immediate assistance to students in crisis. Seek the help, information and support you need.
A critical incident is “an event that overwhelms a person’s usual coping mechanisms” (Mitchell, 1999).
Examples of critical incidents on a college campus include:
- Death of a student or faculty or staff member
- Sexual assaults
- Alcohol or other drug overdoses
- Car accidents
- Hate crimes
- Acts of violence
- National or local tragedies
Responding quickly and in an appropriate manner can make the difference between healing and long-term psychological distress.
Our staff will consult with you to assess your needs and determine what services would best benefit your situation.
Emergency Resources:: Hotlines
- Halladay Student Services, 203
- Commerce, TX 75429-3011