The Texas A&M University-Commerce Planetarium is located on the first floor of the McFarland Science Building and is home to a Digistar 7 all-digital projection system in a 40-foot dome, providing amazing sights and sounds for audiences of all ages. The Planetarium’s 81 reclined seats immerse the viewer in a space environment, filling their vision and appearing to take them to places far-beyond Earth.
The planetarium is open to the public for regular planetarium shows on Fridays at 7:00 pm and 8:15 pm. Each show lasts approximately 50 minutes, beginning with a live, interactive presentation of the current night sky where constellations, stars and planets are shown.
The planetarium is located in the McFarland Science Building of the A&M-Commerce campus, located approximately 65 miles northeast of the Dallas metroplex.
From Dallas, take Interstate 30 east. Exit to Highway 50/24 (exit 101) and proceed approximately 10 miles north to Commerce. The first intersection/stoplight is Culver and Hwy 50/24, turn right toward the east and prepare to take the first turn left turn on Neal Street. Continue straight on Neal Street which will end at the McFarland Science Building. Signs have been posted for directions beginning at the intersection of Culver and Hwy 50/24.
Physical address: 2201 W. Neal St, Commerce, TX 75428
All personal vehicles are required to complete and print a Free Visitor Parking pass for all visits other than Friday night public shows.
Due to construction in front of the science building, please utilize parking lots 16, 18, and 19 on the campus map found at the link below for all parking.
Parking in Lot 35 is extremely limited during regular business hours.
Please allow extra time for parking and to purchase tickets. For the comfort and safety of all our visitors, once the planetarium doors are closed, late admission is not permitted.Back to menu
For the comfort and safety of all planetarium visitors, we request that all visitors comply with the following policies:
- No late admission to the planetarium, once the show begins, the doors will remain closed for the comfort and safety of all visitors.
- Please enter from either Culver or Neal Street, and use parking lots 16, 18, or 19 as noted on the campus map for parking.
- All cell phones must be turned off before entering the planetarium. The phones can interfere with the wireless system used to run the program.
- No food or drinks in the planetarium, including gum and candy.
- The Planetarium’s maximum seating capacity is 81 visitors. We are required to remain strictly within those limits.
- The Planetarium is handicap accessible. Please see the seating guide below for handicap access. Our office is happy to accommodate special requests and can be reached at 903.468.8650.
For questions and inquiries about the Planetarium or observatory please contact us at:
For a recorded message providing show information and times call:
Contact us by e-mail at [email protected]
Or by regular mail at:
McFarland Science Building, Suite 148
PO Box 3011
Commerce, TX 75429-3011