Campus Recreation: General Member Info
Start your active journey
We have hundreds of opportunities each year for you to be physically active and improve your wellbeing. From basketball to swimming, to group fitness classes and outdoor adventure trips, there is something for everybody. Find which membership works best for you and get started today!
Memberships and Services:: Big easy Links
Campus Recreation: Benefits of Membership
Benefits of Membership
- Morris Recreation Center – Cardio and weight equipment, two-court gym, climbing wall, and racquetball courts
- Multi-Activity Court (the MAC) – soccer, volleyball, and patio lounge
- Great OutRoars – Pool, spa, outdoor basketball courts, and a shaded pavilion
- Cain Sports Complex – Softball fields, tennis courts, and sand volleyball courts
- Outdoor Adventure Center – Hike and bike trail, disc golf course, and challenge course
- Participate in group fitness classes such as yoga, hip-hop, and cycle.
- Utilize Wellbeats, an in-person, on-demand fitness class service provided in the Activity Room.
- Play with your peers, coworkers, or roommates in recreational and competitive sports such as volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, and tennis.
- Go on an adventure with Outdoor Adventure trips such as camping in Arkansas, paddle-boarding in Rockwall, Tx, or snowboarding in Colorado.
- Use complimentary workout and shower towels when you visit the MRC.
- Check out jump ropes, weight belts, racquetball racquets, and other recreational equipment for free.
- Rent full or half-size lockers in the locker rooms.
- Rent bikes, kayaks, or camping gear from the Outdoor Adventure Center gear rental program.
Discounted member rates on programs, clinics, and classes:
- Outdoor Adventure trips
- Outdoor equipment rental
- Youth swim lessons
- Personal training services
- Small group training
Campus Recreation: Membership info
MEMBERSHIP Categories and Pricing
We offer various types of memberships to accommodate the community. Find which one works for you:
Currently enrolled A&M-Commerce students who have paid the Rec Sports Fee are automatically members of Campus Recreation. Students are only members for the current semester they are paying activity fees or have purchased a membership. Those students who would like to use the facility during the summer who are not enrolled in each summer session will need to purchase a membership at the student rate. Certain academic programs are not charged the Rec Sports Fee and therefore do not receive automatic access. Those wishing to purchase a membership will be assessed the student fee price.
Current faculty and staff must present their Lion Card when purchasing a membership. Membership at the price of $110 thanks to the President’s Discount.
Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduct
Current faculty/staff must be a permanent, full-time employee to take advantage of payroll deduction. Temporary employees are not eligible. Pay the first month upfront and have subsequent months taken out of your paycheck. Payroll Deduct Memberships are available in monthly, 2-semesters, or 12-month options. Fill out the Payroll Deduct Form and return it to our Member Services Desk with the initial monthly payment of $27.50. Cash, credit, and debit are accepted.
To cancel payroll deduction, fill out the Payroll Cancellation Form and submit it to the MRC Member Services Front Desk or email Veta Dawson ([email protected]). A final deduction will take plus the upcoming month to cover the current month of membership.
Retiree status will be verified with the university after purchase and before access is given. Must provide a picture ID when purchasing a membership. You may use your old faculty/staff ID as your membership ID card.
An A&M-Commerce alumni are considered to be any person that has graduated from A&M-Commerce. Must have an alumni membership and membership card with the Alumni Office. Must provide a picture ID when purchasing a membership. You may use your old student ID as your membership ID.
Spouses and dependents of those affiliated with the university. You must be sponsored as a direct affiliate of the university and must provide their contact info when signing up for verification.
Those patrons who are 16 or older and not affiliated with the university.
- Waivers are required for all memberships.
- Digital waivers must signed at the point of purchase for adult memberships.
- Purchasing a membership for anyone under 18 will require the parent/guardian/adult chaperone (18 or older) to sign a waiver for the dependent at the time of initial pass purchase.
- All guests must provide a picture ID when purchasing a membership.
- To access the facility, members may use their old student ID, their faculty/staff ID, their previous Campus Recreation membership card, or new, first-time member use their Campus Recreation membership card.
- A $5 replacement fee will be assessed for any lost membership ID cards.
- Campus Recreation does not sell or assign parking permits. All permits must be purchased from the Cashiers’ Office located inside the BA Building during their hours of operation.
- All members and guests must follow all departmental and university policies. Failure to do so will result in termination of membership without a refund.
- All membership sales are final and cannot be refunded.
- Memberships cannot be prorated.
- Please visit our Policies and Procedures area for full details on the usage of Campus Recreation facilities, programs, and services.
Campus Recreation: Guest Pass
BE our guest
All guests entering/utilizing the facility must purchase a guest pass with the exception of parents/guardians overseeing their children in swim lessons. See below for access privileges within Campus Recreation.
Day passes begin the day they are purchased and expire that day. A picture ID is required at the point of purchase. Guests must keep their day pass with them.
Week passes begin the day they are purchased and expire seven days afterward. A picture ID is required at the point of purchase. Guests must bring their weekly pass with them each day they visit.
Month passes begin the day they are purchased and expire 30 days after. A picture ID is required at the point of purchase. Guests must bring their month pass with them each day they visit. These passes must be renewed by the 30-day mark in-person to avoid a lapse in service.
Refunds will not be given under any circumstances. Campus Recreation is not responsible for inclement weather or unannounced/sudden closure of the outdoor area/pool.
Guest – 0 to 3 years, Free
- Access the facility without a valid membership/guest pass, but must be accompanied by an adult in all activity spaces.
- Use the pool. Must wear a swim diaper if the child is not potty trained.
- Use of the climbing wall (five and older). Must meet harness fitting requirements.
- Use of the bouldering wall.
- Use of the opposite gender locker rooms with parent/guardian.
- Not permitted to use any cardio or free weight equipment.
Guest – 4 to 15 years
- Access the facility with a valid membership/guest pass, but must be accompanied by an adult in all activity spaces.
- Not permitted to use any cardio or free weight equipment
- Use of the pool. Must wear a swim diaper if child is not potty trained
- Use of the climbing wall. Must meet harness fitting requirements.
- Use of the bouldering wall.
- Use of the locker rooms without parent/guardian.
Guest – 16+ years
|PRICE||$8/adult, $5/faculty and staff||$20||$50|
- Access the facility with a valid membership/guest pass
- Parent or guardian not required to be present
- Use of the spa and pool.
- Use fitness equipment and lift weights without adult supervision.
- Become belay certified at the climbing wall.
- Use of the locker rooms without parent/guardian.
- Faculty/staff – Can only use for themselves and must show faculty/staff ID
- All guests entering the facility must sign a waiver.
- Purchasing a day pass for a guest under 18 requires their parent/guardian/adult chaperone (18 or older) to sign a waiver at the time of initial pass purchase.
- Purchasing a membership for anyone under 18 will require the parent/guardian/adult chaperone (18 or older) to sign a dependent waiver once, at the time of initial pass purchase.
Campus Recreation: Lockers
Grab a personal locker in the men’s or women’s locker room to store all your belongings! Locker rooms are fully accessible and are attached to the Great Outroars.
Locker rooms include:
- Hand and swimsuit dryers
- Full and half size lockers
- Accessible showers and restroom facilities
- Private showers
Lockers are rented by the semester and must be renewed before expiration to avoid clean out and sale of the locker. They can be purchased and renewed at our Front Desk. Some things to keep in mind about lockers:
- Damage to locker due to forced opening will result in payment of the full amount of the damage assessed to responsible party or parties.
- Due to university policy, Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or abandoned items.
- It is the sole responsibility of the user to make sure items are locked and secured. UPD will be notified of any suspicious behavior or items.
- Due to university policy, all contents from non-renewed or day use lockers will be disposed of at the 30 day mark following the end of the locker service agreement.
Day Use Lockers
- Day use lockers are available for patron use on a first come, first served basis. It is the responsibility of the user to lock the locker with a check out lock. Campus Recreation will not open any locker without UPD presence.
- Lock and contents must be removed by closing. If not, contents will be taken to the front desk lost and found.
Campus Recreation: Parking
All guests/visitors and Campus Rec members are required to have the appropriate parking permit displayed in their car to park in University parking lots. Community members must purchase a contractual permit (C). Guests must obtain a visitor parking permit. These permits can be purchased at the McDowell Administration Building.
Campus Recreation is not responsible for citations issued due to lack of valid permit and cannot issue visitor parking on-site.
We encourage students and faculty/staff to utilize the Pride Ride Campus Shuttle for a quick ride to the MRC.