Benefits of Membership
Access to Campus Rec Facilities
The Morris Recreation Center features cardio and weight equipment, two-court gym, climbing wall and racquetball courts. Our Multi-Activity Court (the MAC) includes soccer, volleyball and the patio lounge. The Great OutRoars is where you’ll find the pool, spa, outdoor basketball courts and a shaded pavilion. Visit Cain Sports Complex for softball fields, tennis courts and sand volleyball courts. And, when you hear the call of the wild, head to the Outdoor Adventure Center to enjoy our hike and bike trail, disc golf course, or our climbing and zip-line towers.
Access to Programs
Participate in group fitness classes such as yoga, hip-hop, and cycling. Utilize Wellbeats, an in-person, on-demand fitness class service provided in the activity room. Play with your peers, coworkers or roommates in recreational and competitive sports including volleyball, basketball, dodgeball and tennis. Go on an adventure with Outdoor Adventure trips like camping in Arkansas, paddle-boarding in Rockwall, Texas, or snowboarding in Colorado!
Use complimentary workout and shower towels when you visit the MRC. Check out jump ropes, weight belts, racquetball racquets and other recreational equipment for free. Rent full- or half-size lockers in the locker rooms. Rent bikes, kayaks, or camping gear from the Outdoor Adventure Center gear rental program.
Enjoy discounted member rates on programs, clinics and classes including Outdoor Adventure trips, Outdoor Adventure equipment rental, youth swim lessons, personal training services and small group training.
Campus Recreation: Membership info
MEMBERSHIPs and Pricing
We offer various types of memberships to accommodate the community. Find which one works for you:
Most A&M-Commerce students are automatically assessed the Rec Fee in their semesterly tuition and fees and are automatically members of Campus Recreation. Students are only members for the current semester in which they have paid the Rec Fee.
There are a few exceptions, including:
- Competency-based students (CBE)
- Dual-credit high school students
- RELLIS students
- Professional development courses (ie: Investing in Us)
- Doctoral students with the thesis/dissertation waiver
- Students in cross-listed courses who are paying the fees of their home institution
Students not charged a Rec Fee in their tuition and fees can purchase a Campus Recreation membership at the MRC front desk at a student Rec Fee rate. This membership gives students the same access they would have if they paid the Rec Fee. Options for membership include four-month or day, week or monthly passes.
Students who wish to use the facility during the summer and are not enrolled in each summer session will need to purchase a membership at the student rate.
Current faculty and staff must present their Lion Card when purchasing a membership. Enjoy a membership at the price of $110 thanks to the President’s Discount.
Faculty/Staff Payroll Deduct
Current faculty and staff must be permanent, full-time employees to take advantage of payroll deduction. Temporary employees are not eligible. Pay the first month upfront and have subsequent months taken out of your paycheck. Payroll-deducted memberships are available in monthly, two-semester, or 12-month options. Fill out the Payroll Deduct Form and return it to our Member Services desk with the initial monthly payment of $27.50. Cash, credit, and debit are accepted.
To cancel payroll deduction, complete the Payroll Cancellation Form and submit it to the MRC Member Services front desk or email Veta Dawson ([email protected]). A final deduction will take place in the upcoming month to cover the current month of membership.
Retiree status will be verified with the university after purchase and before access is given. A picture ID must be provided when purchasing a membership. You may use your old faculty/staff ID as your membership ID card.
A&M-Commerce alumni are considered to be any person that has graduated from A&M-Commerce. Must have an alumni membership and membership card with the Alumni Office. You must provide a picture ID when purchasing a membership. You may use your old student ID as your membership ID.
Spouses and dependents of those affiliated with the university. You must be sponsored as a direct affiliate of the university and must provide your contact information when signing up for verification.
Those patrons who are 16 or older and not affiliated with the university. You must provide a picture ID when purchasing a membership.
If you are a current A&M-Commerce student or faculty/staff member with a Campus Rec membership or day pass:
- Sign into recportal.tamuc.edu and log in with your TAMUC SSO, or download the TAMUC Campus Rec App on Google Play or the Apple App Store.
If you are a current or expired Campus Rec member without TAMUC SSO authentication:
- Go to recportal.tamuc.edu
- Click on the link “Log In”
- Click “Non-TAMUC Affiliate”
- If you don’t know your username and/or password, click on “Trouble Logging In?”
- Enter the email address that was used when you first created your MRC membership.
- Select either Recover Username or Reset Password.
- If you do not know your email address or receive an error message, contact the MRC front desk at 903.468.3181 or email Mark Spellmire. (This error occurs because we do not have an email on file or a username has not been created. MRC Member Services can assist with both of these problems.)
- Waivers are required for all memberships.
- Digital waivers must be signed at the point of purchase for adult memberships.
- Purchasing a membership for anyone under 18 will require the parent/guardian/adult chaperone (18 or older) to sign a waiver for the dependent at the time of initial pass purchase.
- All guests must provide a picture ID when purchasing a membership.
- To access the facility, members may use their old student ID, their faculty/staff ID, their previous Campus Recreation membership card, or new, first-time members can use their Campus Recreation membership card.
- A $5 replacement fee will be assessed for any lost membership ID cards.
- Campus Recreation does not sell or assign parking permits. All permits must be purchased from the Cashiers’ Office inside the BA Building during their hours of operation.
- All members and guests must follow all departmental and university policies. Failure to do so will result in termination of membership without a refund.
- All membership sales are final and cannot be refunded.
- Memberships cannot be pro-rated.
- Any patron requiring the assistance of a caregiver due to a disability can contact Mark Spellmire for a caregiver membership.
- Please visit our Policies and Procedures area for full details on the usage of Campus Recreation facilities, programs and services.
BE our guest
All guests entering/utilizing the facility must purchase a guest pass, with the exception of parents/guardians overseeing their children during swim lessons. See below for access privileges and benefits.
Day passes begin the day of purchase and expire that day. A picture ID is required at the point of purchase. Guests must keep their day pass with them.
Week passes begin the day of purchase and expire seven days afterward. A picture ID is required at the point of purchase. Guests must bring their weekly pass with them each day they visit.
Month passes begin the day of purchase and expire 30 days after. A picture ID is required at the point of purchase. Guests must bring their monthly pass with them each day they visit. These passes must be renewed in person by the 30-day mark to avoid a lapse in service.
All memberships and passes are non-refundable and non-transferable. Failure to oblige to all policies and staff instructions will result in suspension or termination of services. We are not responsible for inclement weather or unannounced/sudden closures of the pool or outdoor areas. Maintenance, renovations, capital projects and university breaks will result in reduced hours and extended closure.
- Access to the facility without a valid membership/guest pass, but must be accompanied by an adult in all activity spaces.
- Use the pool. Must wear a swim diaper if the child is not potty trained.
- Use of the climbing wall (five and older). Must meet harness fitting requirements.
- Use of the bouldering wall.
- Use of the opposite gender locker rooms with parent/guardian.
- Not permitted to use any cardio or free weight equipment.
- Access to the facility with a valid membership/guest pass, but must be accompanied by an adult in all activity spaces.
- Not permitted to use any cardio or free-weight equipment
- Use of the pool. Must wear a swim diaper if the child is not potty trained
- Use of the climbing wall. Must meet harness fitting requirements.
- Use of the bouldering wall.
- Use of the locker rooms without parent/guardian.
|Eligible TAMUC Student||$3||$10||$37.50|
|TAMUC Retirees/Alumni/Affiliate Household||$8||$20||$50|
- Access to the facility with a valid membership/guest pass
- Parent or guardian not required to be present
- Use of the spa and pool.
- Use fitness equipment and lift weights without adult supervision.
- Become belay certified at the climbing wall.
- Use of the locker rooms without parent/guardian.
- Faculty/Staff – Can only use for themselves and must show faculty/staff ID
- *Due to the president’s discount
- All guests entering the facility must sign a waiver.
- Purchasing a day pass for guests under 18 requires their parent/guardian/adult chaperone (18 or older) to sign a waiver at the time of initial pass purchase.
- Purchasing a membership for anyone under 18 will require the parent/guardian/adult chaperone (18 or older) to sign a dependent waiver once during initial pass purchase.
Campus Recreation: Lockers
Grab a personal locker in the men’s or women’s locker room to store all your belongings! Locker rooms are fully accessible and access the Great Outroars.
Locker rooms include:
- Hand and swimsuit dryers
- Full- and half-size lockers
- Accessible showers and restroom facilities
- Private showers
Lockers are rented by the semester and must be renewed before expiration to avoid clean out and sale of the locker. They can be purchased and renewed at our front desk. Some things to keep in mind about lockers:
- Damage to lockers due to forced opening will result in payment of the full amount of the damage assessed to the responsible party or parties.
- Due to university policy, Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or abandoned items.
- It is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure items are locked and secured. UPD will be notified of any suspicious behavior or items.
- Due to university policy, all contents from non-renewed or day-use lockers will be disposed of at the 30-day mark following the end of the locker service agreement.
- Day-use lockers are available for patrons on a first-come, first-served basis. It is the responsibility of the user to secure the locker with a check-out lock. Campus Recreation will not open any locker without UPD presence.
- Lock and contents must be removed by closing. If not, the contents will be taken to the lost-and-found at the front desk.
All guests/visitors and Campus Rec members are required to have the appropriate parking permit displayed in their cars when parking in university parking lots. Community members must purchase a contractual permit (C). Guests must obtain a visitor parking permit. These permits can be purchased at the McDowell Administration Building.
Campus Recreation is not responsible for citations issued due to lack of a valid permit and cannot issue visitor parking on-site.
We encourage students and faculty/staff to utilize the Pride Ride campus shuttle for a quick ride to the MRC.