Campus Recreation: Open Recreation Big Easy Links
Campus Recreation: Informal Recreation Featured Spaces
This multi-activity turf field can be set up to use the full length of the court or sectioned into three smaller courts by a divider system. It also has an open seating area with lounge chairs for watching activities or hosting special gatherings. The MAC is the perfect spot to play volleyball, soccer, futsal and cornhole.
The Cain Sports Complex is a multipurpose outdoor facility for A&M-Commerce and the Commerce community. It features multiple sports fields, four tennis courts, a support facility for equipment check out and restrooms, four sand volleyball courts with a support facility with restrooms, and multipurpose green spaces. Spaces are first-come first-serve unless reserved by Campus Recreation.
The two-court gym can be set up to play various sports, such as basketball, badminton, and pickleball. The spaces are first-come-first-serve unless reserved by Campus Recreation or other organizations.
Court 1 is currently used as an extra fitness area
The Activity Room is one large fitness space, equipped with TRX, stationary bikes, yoga mats, fitness equipment, and Wellbeats, a premier on-demand fitness provider. When there are no fitness classes scheduled, the activity room is opened to all Campus Recreation members. This space can be reserved by student organizations or other campus departments.
The MRC has four racquetball courts. They can be used for racquetball as well as other activities such as Wallyball, dance, table tennis, badminton, and more utilized the courts. The courts can be reserved on a daily basis by contacting the MRC front desk.
How to use the Fitness on Demand system
- The touchscreen monitor is located at the front right corner of the MRC Activity Room.
- Start by pressing the “On” button on the panel underneath the Wellbeats monitor. This will turn on the projector. Please refrain from pressing either input button below this as this can turn off the video feed.
- The projector screen will already be down and the feed from the monitor should appear on the screen. Browse through the hundreds of fitness class options, participate in a month-long challenge, or try out a Fit Test.
- All of the electronics are pre-set so please refrain from pressing the volume up or down buttons below the monitor.
- You can use the filter button on the Wellbeats main page to find a class that perfectly fits you.
- We ask that when you are done with your workout, please press the “Off” button located under the monitor twice to shut down the projector.
- If you are in need of assistance please ask a building supervisor.
Open Recreation Schedule
OPEN REC SCHEDULE
August 29 – October 31
MRC Court 2
Campus Recreation: Informal Recreation Equipment Checkout
Recreational equipment is available for free checkout at the member services desk with a valid Lion Card. All equipment must be returned in the same condition and day on which it was checked out. A replacement cost may be charged for any lost, late or damaged equipment. All Outdoor Adventure-based equipment can be checked out at the Outdoor Adventure Center on Culver Street behind the Cain Sports Complex.
Equipment Available for Checkout
Campus Recreation: InformalRecreation Priority Usage
All spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis unless reserved by Campus Recreation or another group. Reservations will be displayed in each area accordingly. Call ahead to verify open availability as operating hours and spaces are subject to change to accommodate academic classes, Campus Rec programs, maintenance projects, university holidays and/or special events.
Spaces can be reserved by departments and organizations.