A Conversation with Dr. Bui
Why did you choose your discipline?
“It is a mix of fast-growing technology and traditional management.”
Tell us about a project you are working on or have completed
“One of the projects that we worked on in the past was developing a pilot simulation for Bell Inc. We built the back-end of the system to capture pilot performance and created automatic reports to support high-level decision making. The project was unveiled as part of the Uber Taxi in CES 2019 – the biggest global consumer innovation conference.”
How many languages do you speak?
“2 fluently – Vietnamese and English, but can understand limited Chinese and French.”
- Ph.D. Management Information Systems, University of Memphis, 2016
- M.S. Information System Management, Brigham Young University, 2011
- B.S. Information System, Brigham Young University, 2011
Awards and Honors
- Merit Award from TAMUC
- Ad-hoc review for JMIS, EJIS, I&M
- Bui, S., & Bui, Q. (in press, 2018). “An Empirical Investigation of Equity-based crowdfunding Campaigns in the United States”. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing.
- Hou, L., Xue, L., Bui, S. N. and Kettinger, W. (2016) “System Sourcing and Information Processing Capability in Supply Chains: A Study of Small Suppliers,” Information Technology & Management, 17(4), pp. 379-391.
- Project Management
- Database warehousing