She wanted students to succeed. Her job was to equip them with the tools to do so. She once was our Assistant Director of Career Development, Bethany ensures that graduating Lions were ready to enter the workforce. Most of her time was spent caring for our 12,000 students. But somewhere between, Bethany finds time for her husband, Chris, and their oldest daughter, Charlotte, and their newest addition, Macy, born in May 2021.
A Conversation with Bethany
What is something you enjoy about your job?
“Recently one of the most rewarding parts of my jobs is delivering Design Your Life courses and workshops and teaching students, faculty, and staff to design a balanced LIFE, not just a career.”
Tell us about an accomplishment you are proud of.
“I completed my first master's degree in 2.5 years while working full time and raising a newborn in 2015 and am now doing it all over again with a second masters and a second baby. Maintaining the careful balancing act of mother, wife, employee, and student is something I am very proud of!”
Why did you choose your career?
“I chose this career because I wanted to make the transition from campus recruiting to developing students to be prepared for the job search.”
- M.S., Management, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Expected 2022
- M.S., Higher Education Administration, Texas A&M University-Commerce, 2017
- B.A., Public Relations, University of South Carolina, 2005
Awards and Honors
- Employee of the Month, Texas A&M University-Commerce, 2018
- Metroplex Area Consortium of Career Centers
- Southern Association of Colleges and Employers (SoACE)
- National Association of Colleges and Employers