Starting college can feel intimidating. After all, you're moving to a new place, meeting new people and facing big new experiences. It's exciting but scary! With this in mind, Texas A&M University-Commerce recently introduced Jump Start College, a summer program designed to help new students smoothly transition into college life.
Six reasons to join Jump Start College:
- Start College Early: The five-week Jump Start program lets you start college early and get a “jump start” on the busy fall semester. Your classes start on July 10!
- Take Advantage of Free Tuition: The President's Promise Scholarship is available to qualified students and pays tuition for Summer II 2023 and beyond!*
- Enjoy Free Housing and Meals: Students who receive the President's Promise Scholarship are also eligible for on-campus housing and meals—at no cost—in Summer 2023 and one additional year* through the Regents' Access Scholarship.
- Get Support from Caring Staff: You'll never need to feel lost or overwhelmed during your first days in college because caring staff from several student support services are available to help you every step of the way.
- Settle in Early: If you choose to live on campus during the summer, you can settle in early, before the busy fall semester. Note: Residential living is available at the main campus in Commerce, Texas, but not at A&M-Commerce at Dallas.
- Relax and Have Fun: The Jump Start program includes a full roster of fun summer activities so you can relax and make friends before everyone else arrives in the fall.
*Terms and conditions apply. See Jump Start for complete details.
“Jump Start College will help students gently ease into college life, taking advantage of the summer months,” said Nechell Bonds, vice president of Enrollment Management at A&M-Commerce. “This program will help many new students start their education journey on the right foot!”
New, incoming first-year and transfer students are encouraged to participate in the Jump Start College experience.