Max Petrenko has been working in the areas of natural language understanding and knowledge/ontology engineering. He held various academic and industry positions in projects/businesses building AI technologies in web search, messaging, life sciences and e-commerce. Most recently, Max has been a Principal Ontologist at Amazon and co-director of the Ontological Semantic technology laboratory at Texas A&M University-Commerce.
- Ph.D., Computational Linguistics, Purdue University
- Principal Research Scientist, Amazon, 2020-Present
- Co-Director of Ontological Semantic Technology Laboratory, Texas A&M University-Commerce, 2013-Present
- Director of Research, Holler, 2019-2020
- Senior Information Architect-Ontology, Thermo Fisher Scientific, 2018-2019
- Director of Knowledge and Language Engineering, NTENT, 2016-2018
- Senior Ontologist, NTENT, 2013-2016