Nicholas “Nick” Brown serves as the Associate Director of Residence Education for the Department of Residential Living and Learning. Originally from Birmingham, Alabama, he has been a part of the Lion family since January 2022. Along with working at A&M-Commerce, Nick is pursuing his doctorate in Higher Education Administration from the University of Alabama. Before transitioning into Higher Education in 2020, he worked for the YMCA overseeing their youth program and initiatives. Nick enjoys college football, hanging with family and friends and traveling.
How Can I Help You?
I help students at A&M-Commerce by providing support and advocacy to them throughout their college experience. In addition to supporting our in-hall staff, I assist in helping to ensure we are meeting the needs of the students. I aim to ensure that students have a great experience while living on campus and that they can make A&M-Commerce their home away from home.
A Conversation with Nick
What would you tell a student thinking about attending A&M-Commerce?
Students should attend A&M-Commerce for various reasons, including the easy accessibility to campus resources, the inclusive environment created by the campus and community, and the many different clubs and organizations students are able to get involved with. Specifically, Residential Living and Learning works to provide a safe, fun and welcoming environment for our residents living on campus. We want our residential communities to be a student's home away from home.
- Ed.D., Higher Education, University of Alabama, In Progress
- M.P.A., Nonprofit Management, Auburn University at Montgomery, 2019
- B.A., Communication, Jacksonville State University, 2015
- 2023 Umoja Award for Graduate Students, NASPA African American Knowledge Community, 2023
- Alpha Kappa Psi
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of College and University Housing Officers International (ACUHO-I)
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Incorporated
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- Southern Association for College Student Affairs (SACSA)
- Southwestern Association of College & University Housing Officers (SWACUHO)
Nicholas Brown, associate director of residence education at A&M-Commerce, recently won the 2023 Umoja Award for Graduate Students from the NASPA African American Knowledge Community (AAKC). The Umoja Award recognizes graduate students who display exemplary work and seek to integrate research and practice under principles of togetherness. AAKC promotes awareness of issues unique to African […]