Become a Leader in Education
Earning your doctorate in supervision, curriculum and instruction at A&M-Commerce prepares you for a rewarding career in public schools, regional educational training facilities, research and development centers and the educational publishing industry. Our graduates are also qualified to teach at colleges and universities.
See Yourself Succeed With a Master’s Degree in
Supervision, Curriculum and Instruction
Participate in excellence-driven programs that empower you with the knowledge and leadership skills to help you in your administrative roles.
Enjoy opportunities to learn from world-class faculty who are respected researchers in their fields.
Join the ranks of A&M-Commerce graduates who are scholars, professors and leaders in education.
Deepen your knowledge through real-world experiences in a local school district during your internship and residency.
Focus Your Passion
Earn your doctorate degree while pursuing concentrations that fit your research and career goals.
Areas of Concentration:
Job forecasts continue to rise as the growing need for post-secondary instructors and administrators in Texas increases the number of opportunities and positions available. Gain the experience you need to stand out with our competitive, nationally recognized program.
Career Possibilities and Current Median Salaries
Data from the US DOL Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2023
Examine research in the cognitive and metacognitive learning process of young children and implications for instructional strategies. Prerequisite: Doctoral-level standing or consent of instructor.
Examine of research literature relative to the process of designing, implementing and evaluating curricula and instructional strategies.
Focus on qualitative research in the sociocultural environments of public schools. This is an approved Level III doctoral research tools course. Pre-requisites : EDCI 695.
Graduate Program Cost
Tuition and fees for graduate students taking nine credit hours are $3,669 for Texas residents and $7,341 for non-residents.
Your Path to Becoming a Lion
Fall application deadline: July 1
All required documents must be submitted by July 15
- Select “Create a new graduate school admissions application.”
- Select “Texas A&M University-Commerce (Commerce)” as your “Target University.”
- Select “Supervision, Curriculum and Instruction, EDD” as your “Major.”
- Pay the $50 application fee.
Wait to receive an application confirmation email before proceeding to the next step.
- After you submit your application, the Graduate School will send a confirmation email within two business days to the personal email account you used for ApplyTexas.
Submit the following documents after you receive an application confirmation email.
- Upload your documents at myLeo > Apps > Check Admissions Application Status & Test Scores or email your documents to your graduate coordinator, [email protected], unless otherwise specified below.
Contact your previous institution(s) and request that they send your official transcripts to [email protected].
- We recommend that you request transcripts for all of your academic work.
All international transcripts must be evaluated and the evaluation submitted to the Graduate School.
We accepts evaluations sent directly from the following Agencies.
- If a normal evaluation is submitted, official original transcripts with all marksheets will still need to be submitted.
- If a WES ICAP or equivalent is submitted, we will not need the official transcripts to be submitted separately.
If your institution is unable to submit a digital copy, hard copies may be mailed to:
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Attn: Graduate School
PO Box 3011
Commerce, Texas 75429-3011
We will need official/original documents. If those documents are the only copies you have, the Graduate School can mail them back to you upon request. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Submit the Statement of Goals Form found in the Application Packet. An additional page can be added.
To be considered for admission you must have at least three years of teaching experience.
Submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) which includes your academic and professional history and achievements.
Request three signed letters of recommendation, on letterhead or using the reference form, from professionals who can attest to your goals and ability to succeed in the program.
Applications must provide an example of their best academic writing. This requirement can be met in the following ways:
- A course paper from a master's program written within the past five years. This paper must show evidence of the applicant's ability to cite references.
- An applicant may respond to the following prompt: Select a current hot topic in education. Briefly present an argument for both sides of the debate. In your arguments, include citations to support your writing.
The writing sample must be a minimum of five pages double-spaced.
The Department of Curriculum and Instruction will contact you to schedule your interview.
Review the Application Packet for more information.
Look for application updates in myLeo > Apps > Check Application Status
- Once an admission decision has been made, you will receive an email to your student email account at myLeo > Apps > Leomail.
Once registration opens and you are eligible to enroll, your graduate enrollment specialist is here to help you complete registration.
- View your degree plan in DegreeWorks.
- View the Schedule of Classes.
- To register for classes, go to myLeo > Student Resources > Registration Menu.
Contact your graduate enrollment specialist if you have any questions regarding your degree plan and registration.
The courses for this program are available only online (no face-to-face courses). This program is not available to international students.
- Sowers Education South