You have chosen your field of study or are ready to advance in your current career. So what’s the next step? A visit to the Student Career Preparedness Office, where you will meet with career advisors who can help you with the resources and tools needed to prepare you for your next phase after graduation and beyond.
Design a Career You Love
Schedule an appointment through HireaLion for a meeting to discuss your career goals in more detail either over the phone or in person.
Develop a Plan
Through one-on-one coaching, develop an action plan to tackle the job market with a top notch resume, cover letter, interview skills and online brand.
These are short-term, paid, professional assignments that are similar to those given to new hires or interns. As an undergraduate or graduate student from all majors, you can execute professional assignments to build and demonstrate skills while exploring a variety of career paths.
Build Your Network
Connect with hundreds of employers and alumni to build your network.
Discover what employers are looking for and how your skills match those positions. We offer services for all aspects of career exploration including Career assessment:, Career Design Studio, Mentorship, A&M-Commerce Candid Careers, Lion Talks and Goin' Global.
Partner with Student Career Preparedness
Sponsor an Event
Partner with us to support A&M-Commerce and promote your business! Event sponsorships and partnerships spotlight your company to reach and attract qualified employees.
Partner with us to support A&M-Commerce Student Career Preparedness and The Lion Wardrobe, our professional clothing closet for students, alumni and community members.
We will work with you to customize a package that can include recruiting strategy consulting, use of Career Center training room, and workshops for your staff, focused on hiring, recruiting, service learning projects, and externship offerings.
The Office of Student Career Preparedness fosters relationships with employers that result in career opportunities for students and alumni, while providing quality career preparation tools to develop the essential skills needed to compete in the job market.
- TimelineHire Date: December Start Date: January 8If hired, you must attend:In-person Pre-hire form: 30 minutesIn-person Human Resources I9 completion: 2 hoursIn-person Human Resources I9 completion: 30 minutesMandatory department new hire training: […]
- Federal work study student worker is responsible for the opening, intake and closing of The Office of Student Advocacy and Support, The Lion Food Pantry, and The Lion Wardrobe This […]
- Description:The Office of Alumni Engagement is seeking a student worker. Our student workers are responsible for: providing excellent customer service to alumni and guests who walk in needing assistance; answering […]
- Tutor for Waters Library #201C location.Summary:Waters Library #201C tutor. Must have faculty recommendation.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:Greet students, answer questions, and direct to the proper individual(s).Meet with students to tutor in Accounting, […]
- Supplemental Instructors (SI Leaders) work with selected course and attend lecture, meet weekly with instructor and host group study sessions in Waters Library study rooms. Undergraduate students only. Faculty recommendation is […]