President Rudin and Lucky the Lion
Your bachelor’s degree is within reach!
We turn determination into opportunity through the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents’ $100 million scholarship initiative!
You may be eligible to receive the President's Promise scholarship, which awards free tuition for up to four years.
The President’s Promise Scholarship
The President’s Promise Scholarship is an institutional scholarship awarded to freshman and transfer students who meet specific criteria.
The scholarship covers all tuition not covered by other grants or scholarships. It will meet 100% of the student’s tuition costs for up to four years for new freshmen or up to two years for new transfer students.
Cost per Year*
Housing and Meals***
Books and Supplies
*Based on 15 SCH per semester for fall and spring semesters. As reported by 2021-2022 IPEDS. Current rates may vary.
**Tuition not covered by other grants or scholarships will be covered by the President’s Promise Scholarship.
***Housing and Meal costs presented averaged.
****A&M-Commerce reserves the right to make changes without notice to selection criteria, eligibility and value. A&M-Commerce may also limit scholarship offers based on the availability of funds.
How do I earn my degree tuition-free?
- Apply for admission to A&M-Commerce.
- Review and meet eligibility criteria for the President’s Promise Scholarship.
- Complete the 23-24 FAFSA or TASFA form.
(The 22-23 FAFSA or TASFA is required for any student meeting President's Promise eligibility and plan to “Jump Start” College for Summer II 2023).
The President's Promise Eligibility Criteria and Award
The President's Promise Scholarship is offered to students who meet all of the following criteria, without exception (as funding is available):
- Be admitted to the University and enter A&M-Commerce in the calendar year of graduation from high school, or from a two-year school with an earned Associate's Degree or 45 credit hours without gaps in enrollment and
- Be enrolled full-time beginning fall 2023 and spring 2024 long semester as a first-time new undergraduate student working towards their first undergraduate degree at A&M-Commerce and
- Qualify for a federal Pell grant or the equivalent demonstrated need as defined by TASFA and have a family Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) of $85,000 or less and
- Be a Texas resident for tuition purposes.
The President's Promise Scholarship covers all tuition not covered by other grants or scholarships and will meet 100 percent of the student’s tuition costs for up to [eight] long semesters (fall and spring) for entering new freshmen or up to [four] long semesters (fall and spring) for entering new transfers.
The President's Promise recipients must successfully complete 30 credit hours each year (fall and spring long semester) with a minimum term and cumulative institutional grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher to meet renewal criteria.
Why “Jump Start” College?
The Summer II term for A&M-Commerce begins on July 10, 2023. Why wait until Fall to begin one of the most important journeys you'll take in life? There are benefits to starting your college experience early. We've listed a few below for your consideration.
Why "Jump Start" College?
- Gain an early start to college as a new incoming first-year and transfer student by enrolling in Summer II 2023 courses at either the A&M-Commerce Main Campus or the A&M-Commerce at Dallas location.
- Option to participate in summer student engagement experiences.
- Gain an early experience with living on campus during the summer if attending the A&M-Commerce Main Campus.
- Meet eligibility criteria and receive the President's Promise Scholarship, which pays 100% of tuition costs for Summer II 2023 and the remaining tuition costs of undergraduate study at TAMUC.
- If a new incoming first-year or transfer student decides to jump-start college by attending the Summer II 2023 term and is a President's Promise scholarship awardee, they will also receive the Regents' Access Scholarship which pays for on-campus Summer II 2023 housing and meals plus an additional year of on-campus housing and meals not covered by other grants and scholarship. (Summer II 2023, Fall 2023, and Spring 2024 only. Terms and conditions apply).
There are a limited number of scholarships available so don't delay, apply for admission by selecting the Summer II 2023 term to get started. (A completed 22-23 FAFSA or TASFA is required and must be on file with TAMUC by June 30, 2023, to be considered for the President's Promise scholarship as a new incoming first-year freshman or transfer “Jump Start” College student for Summer II 2023).
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- [email protected]
- P.O. Box 3011
- Commerce, TX 75429-3011