A Conversation with Maxine
What would you tell a student who is thinking about attending A&M-Commerce?
Texas A&M University-Commerce is an affordable university that offers many opportunities for personal and professional growth for our students. The university is located in a rural (farm and ranch) community, which is charming in many ways. The Commerce community is welcoming and friendly to our students and provides employment for many.
How do you help students at A&M-Commerce?
The student clinic is open to any enrolled student who needs medical attention. I care for students with medical conditions that range from strep throat, broken bones, and birth control to severe concussions. Working 1:1 with the students allows me the chance to get to know the students when they arrive as freshmen and follow them until they graduate. Working at Texas A&M University-Commerce is extremely rewarding because it allows me to care for our students.
What do you like most about your career?
I love caring for people both physically and emotionally and my career allows me this opportunity. The campus clinic gives me the ability to treat, teach, educate and mentor our students.
- M.S., PA Studies, University of Nebraska, 2006
- B.S., PA Program, University of Texas at Dallas, 1987
Honors and Awards
- The Ray Keck Distinguished Leadership Award, 2021
- President's Meritorious Service Award, 2021
- Texas Academy of Physician Assistant (TAPA)
- American Academy of Physician Assistant (AAPA)
- American College Health Association (ACHA)