Dr. Branscome came to A&M-Commerce in 2021 as Department Head and Professor of Music. A Texas native, Branscome spent the prior ten years in Tennessee as Coordinator of Music Education and later as Music Department Chair at Austin Peay State University. While teaching elementary music, he founded Camp Granada, which has since become a published elementary music day camp curriculum for programs throughout Tennessee and Kentucky.
Branscome is the author of Camp Granada: An Elementary Music Camp Curriculum (Rowman and Littlefield), Music Career Advising: A Guide for Students, Parents, and Teachers (Rowman & Littlefield), Essential Listening Activities, Essential Rhythm Activities, and Music Board Game Workshop (Alfred Publications). His other publications and research interests include elementary curriculum development, music career advising, and arts leadership.
He holds a Ph.D. in Music Education from the University of North Texas; a Master of Music in Horn Performance from Northwestern University; and a Bachelor of Music from Stephen F. Austin State University. Most recently, he completed a Graduate Certificate in Conflict Resolution and Negotiation.
- Ph.D., Music Education, University of North Texas, 2010
- M.M., Horn Performance, Northwestern University, 1996
- B.M., Horn Performance, Stephen F. Austin State University, 1995
- Department Head and Professor of Music, Texas A&M University-Commerce, 2021-present
- Department Chair, Austin Peay State University, 2017-2021
- Coordinator of Music Education and Professor of Music, Austin Peay State University, 2011-2021
- Assistant Professor of Music and Coordinator of Music Education, East Texas Baptist University, 2006-2011
- Teaching Fellow, University of North Texas, 2003-2006
- Adjunct Faculty, Dallas Baptist University, 2002-2006
- Elementary Music Specialist, T.E. Baxter Elementary School, 1999-2003
- Elementary Music Specialist, High Pointe Elementary School, 1997-1999
- Preschool and Elementary Music Teacher, Perrine Baptist Academy, 1996-1997
- Tennessee Association of Music Executives at Colleges and Universities
- Society for Music Teacher Education
- Society for Research in Music Education
- Phi Kappa Phi National Honor Society
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society
- Pi Kappa Lambda National Music Honor Society
- Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia