Solving Problems through Language
Utilize our state-of-the-art equipment as you explore language and real-world issues.
dedicated to high-quality research
The Applied Linguistics Laboratory is dedicated to high-quality research in Applied Linguistics. We are actively seeking out partnerships and collaborative work with industrial partners. The laboratory offers some Ph.D. assistantships to potential Ph.D. students and post-doc positions. MA students should contact the director. Visiting scholars are welcome but must be self-supporting and should contact the director well in advance of the time they wish to visit.
Welcome from the Director
Welcome to the Applied Linguistics Laboratory (ALL) located in the Department of Literature and Languages. As part of the department's MA and Ph.D. in English, we work with graduate students who are interested in aspects of Applied Linguistics. Our current associated faculty specialize in a range of areas applicable to Applied Linguistics including Second Language Acquisition, Prosody and Pragmatics, Humor Theory, Computational Linguistics, Stylistics and ESL/EFL.
Meet our Faculty
- Dr. Hilal Ergul, Assistant Professor of Applied Linguistics/TESOL at University of Northern Iowa
- Dr. Elisa Gironzetti, Assistant Professor of Spanish Applied Linguistics, University of Maryland
- Dr. Shelby Miller, Lecturer of Applied Linguistics at UNT Dallas
- Dr. Meichan Huang, Assistant Teaching Professor of Language at Syracuse University
- Dr. Nabiha El Khatib, English Instructor, Higher Education Co.
- Dr. Laura Di Ferrante, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Dr. Julie Bouchard, Assistant Professor at Université du Québec à Chicoutimi
- Dr. Charlotte Fofo Lomotey, University of Education, Winneba, Ghana
- Applied Linguistics Lab
- [email protected]
- Talbot Hall Rm 307
- P.O. Box 3011, Commerce, TX 75429-3011
Join Our Mailing List
Sign up for our mailing list to receive updates on all things linguists.