- MSN, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2017
- BSN, The University of Texas at Arlington, 2012
- ADN, El Centro Community College, 2002
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nurses
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
A Conversation with Crystal
What would you tell a student who is thinking about attending A&M-Commerce?
A&M-Commerce is a beautiful campus with exceptional instructors interested in your success! I am incredibly proud of the Nursing and Health Sciences Building, which includes a simulation hospital floor. There are lots of fun activities for students that take place throughout the year.
What draws you to your discipline?
I became interested in nursing when I was pregnant with my first child. I was fascinated by all the human body does to support new life! It became my mission to help mothers-to-be in their rite of passage to motherhood.
What has been your favorite course to teach?
My heart lies with obstetrics. I also enjoy seeing nursing students light up when they learn something new! I appreciate the awareness that community nursing and mental health nursing bring to the students who may not have had personal experience with these issues.