Chris Gage is a longtime Hunt County resident who began his career with Herald-Banner Publications as a high school work-study student. He developed a strong foundation in customer service and advertising sales, graphic design and marketing, pre-press production and writing. He continued his professional growth with stops at the Oklahoma Press Association, The Wall Street Journal, Texas Book Company and Carevide.
Since first stepping onto the A&M-Commerce campus in 1999, Chris dreamed of working in higher education. His dream became a reality when he harnessed his writing and marketing skills as a communications specialist in the Office of Marketing and Communications at A&M-Commerce.
In his free time, Chris enjoys spending time with family and friends, writing fiction, reading, karaoke and getting away on long bike rides down obscure dirt and gravel backroads.
How I Can Help You
I'm driven to write content that highlights the amazing things happening at A&M-Commerce every day. Our faculty, staff and students are transforming lives, and I’m excited to help tell those stories.
My role includes creating news stories, website content and marketing materials that educate prospective and current students, alumni and community supporters about the fantastic opportunities available through A&M-Commerce.
A Conversation with Chris
What would you tell a student who is thinking about attending A&M-Commerce?
As a student and staff member, A&M-Commerce continues to transform my life every day. Our community of faculty, staff and alumni are committed to your personal and professional growth.
What do you like most about your career?
Every industry needs great writers. I'm thrilled to apply my craft to higher education. I enjoy the challenge of writing in a variety of styles for several academic disciplines.
- BAAS, Organizational Leadership, Texas A&M University-Commerce, 2023
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List, College of Innovation and Design, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Spring 2023
- President’s Scholar, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Fall 2022
- President’s Scholar, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Spring 2022
- Dean’s List, College of Innovation and Design, Texas A&M University-Commerce, Fall 2021
- America’s Fastest-Growing Sport is a Big Dill at A&M-Commerce
- TAMUC Alum Designs Cranial Prosthesis With Cornell University Team
- Signature Courses at A&M-Commerce Set the Stage for Student Success
- A&M-Commerce Alumna Making Big Plays in Professional Athlete Management
- A&M-Commerce Planetarium & Observatory Offer the Universe to Students and Community
- TAMUC Sport and Recreation Management Board Member Takes Shot at the NBA
- Travel the Roads Less Pedaled … 5 Reasons Why Gravel Grinding Could Be the Sport for You
Stories by Chris
In a world driven by technology and innovation, a degree in physics is a gateway to limitless possibilities. With the study of physics offering numerous benefits and opening doors to career paths across industries, the Department of Physics and Astronomy at Texas A&M University-Commerce is building a reputation as a top destination in Texas for […]
The Texas A&M University-Commerce chapter of the Society of Physics Students (SPS) has won a 2022-23 Outstanding Chapter Award from the SPS national office. This is the seventh consecutive year the chapter has been recognized for its excellence as a top-tier student-led physical sciences organization, a designation given to fewer than 10 percent of all […]
Few roles in healthcare are as dynamic and demanding as that of a flight nurse. These dedicated professionals provide quick, specialized care to critical patients during emergency air transport. Brandy Estes worked as a flight nurse for seven years before joining the nursing faculty at Texas A&M University-Commerce. Recently, Estes reflected on the diverse background […]
The Morris Recreation Center (MRC) at Texas A&M University-Commerce marked its 20-year anniversary with a dazzling casino-themed celebration on Nov. 9. The event drew a large crowd of students, former MRC staff, and current university faculty, staff and MRC members. Attendees enjoyed an enthusiastic evening of casino games, magic, food, mocktails, and various raffle prizes. […]