Campus Recreation: Aquatics
Life is cool by the pool
Stay active outside from April to October with our aquatic programs! We offer a variety of activities ranging from swim lessons to log rolling competitions. You can also enjoy the pool on your own time during our open swim hours!
Campus Recreation : Aquatic Events
Get in the PoolBack to menu
Campus Recreation: Private Learn to Swim
Learn to Swim
Does your child need to learn how to swim? Do they need to brush up on their swim skills? Do they want to learn different swim strokes?
We have them covered with our no experience necessary, any age, and any skill swim lesson program taught by certified American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors.
Good to know info and before you arrive
- Register and pay at the MRC front desk.
- Swimmers must be potty trained.
- Participants should check in 15 minutes before the start of each session on the pool deck.
- All lessons are held at the MRC Pool.
- If there is inclement weather in the area or our staff deems conditions unsafe, the outdoor facilities close, and lessons are canceled. Lessons do not get rescheduled and we encourage you to call ahead.
- A swimsuit is required to participate in all swim lessons. Review the swim attire guidelines before arriving.
Private Lessons Costs (One Swimmer)
- Current Campus Rec Member: $130 for 6 lessons (30-minute lessons)
- Non-Campus Rec Member: $150 for 6 lessons (30-minute lessons)
- Summer: June 6 – August 12
- Registration opens May 30
- Registration closes on August 1
- Fall: September 5 – October 14
- Registration opens on August 29
- Registration closes September 26
Based on instructor availability, you will be assigned an instructor who will work to arrange a schedule based on their and your availability.
Group Lessons Costs
- Consist of eight, 30-minute lessons, Monday-Thursday for 2-weeks
- Current Campus Rec Member: $65 per session
- Non-Campus Rec Member: $75 per session
- Session 1: June 6 – 16
- Registration opens – May 23
- Registration closes – June 1
- Session 2: June 20 – 30
- Registration opens – June 6
- Registration closes – June 15
- Session 3: July 11 – 21
- Registration opens – June 27
- Registration closes – July 6
- Session 4: July 25 – August 4
- Registration opens – July 11
- Registration closes – July 20