Autumn was born in Atlanta GA and grew up in the DFW area. After graduating from Northwest High School in Justin, TX, she attended Texas A&M University in College Station for both undergraduate and graduate school. Autumn found Campus Rec as a profession in graduate school and has not looked back. After graduate school, Autumn spent over 15 years working at various universities including Tulane University in New Orleans, Indiana University in Bloomington and Mount Saint Mary's University in Los Angeles. When given the opportunity, Autumn accepted her current position at A&M-Commerce and returned to this great state of Texas to be closer to her family. As far as her current position, she enjoys integrating sports, wellbeing and business administration while working with amazing college students.
A Conversation with Autumn
How do you like to stay active?
I was born in Atlanta GA and grew up in the DFW area. I went to Northwest High School in Justin, TX and went to Texas A&M University in College Station for both undergraduate and graduate school. I found Campus Rec as a profession in graduate school and have not looked back since. I love the combination of sports/wellbeing, with business administration, with working with amazing college students. It does not get better with than this job! After graduate school, I spent over 15 years working at various universities: Tulane University in New Orleans, Indiana University in Bloomington, and Mount Saint Mary's University in Los Angeles. I was so happy when I was able to return to the great state of Texas and be closer to my family when I got the job here at TAMUC. I think A&M-Commerce is the perfect combination of small town feel with all the opportunities of a big city.
What do you like most about your career in Campus Rec?
It does not get better than this job! I enjoy being part of the learning and growing process of students and young professionals. I also love being in the well-being field, which is so meaningful for finding lifelong happiness and success. I first got into this field because of my passion of sports. But I have realized that sports are just the mechanism to learning life lessons such as leadership, success, failure, teamwork and determination. It is fun seeing the passion that students have for their particular interests, whether that be sports, fitness, or the outdoors
Areas of Responsibility
- Serves as a part of the Student Affairs leadership team.
- Oversees Campus Rec strategic plan, budget, and oversight for all areas within the department including intramural sports, club sports, fitness and wellbeing, outdoor adventure, facility operations, aquatics, and marketing.
- Directly supervises the Director of the Rayburn Student Center, and Campus Rec Associate Directors, and two Administrative Assistants.
- Collaborates and liaisons with other departments such as Health and Human Performance, Athletics, and departments within Student Affairs.
- Creates reports and information needed to set long and short-term goals and inform the university executive team.
- Space & Facilities Advisory Committee Member
- Student Affairs Student Employee Committee Chair
- MS, Kinesiology, Texas A&M University-College Station, 2003
- BS, Kinesiology, Texas A&M University-College Station, 2000
- American Red Cross Instructor for CPR/AED/First Aid
- Wilderness First Aid
The Morris Recreation Center (MRC) at Texas A&M University-Commerce marked its 20-year anniversary with a dazzling casino-themed celebration on Nov. 9. The event drew a large crowd of students, former MRC staff, and current university faculty, staff and MRC members. Attendees enjoyed an enthusiastic evening of casino games, magic, food, mocktails, and various raffle prizes. […]