Jonna Griffith serves as the adjunct professor of bassoon at A&M University-Commerce. Ms. Griffith received music degrees in bassoon performance from the University of North Texas and Southern Methodist University. Her principal teachers have been Kathleen Reynolds and Will Roberts. Ms. Griffith has also served as a graduate teaching fellow at the University of North Texas. At the University of North Texas, Ms. Griffith’s teaching responsibilities included applied lessons, extensive chamber music coaching, and intensive reed-making courses. Ms. Griffith’s previous teaching experience also includes applied woodwind lessons and music theory at Grayson College as well as a large private studio in the DFW metroplex.
Ms. Griffith is an active freelancer and has performed with numerous ensembles including the Dallas Opera, Dallas Wind Symphony, Shreveport Symphony, Longview Symphony, Plano Symphony, Irving Symphony, Sherman Symphony and the Orchestra of New Spain. With a related field in early music performance, Ms. Griffith has participated in the Boston Early Music Festival, performing on baroque bassoon. Ms. Griffith has participated in numerous recordings on the Klavier label.
- D.M.A., Bassoon Performance, University of North Texas, 2013
- M.M., Bassoon Performance, Southern Methodist University, 2005
- B.M., Bassoon Performance, University of North Texas, 2002
- MUS 149: Restricted Applied Bassoon
- MUS 151: Minor Applied Bassoon
- MUS 152: Principal Applied Bassoon
- MUS 551: Minor Applied Bassoon