Level Up Your Management Skills
A master's degree in technology management will ramp up your ability to manage evolving technologies in a diverse range of organizations. Our fully online program utilizes 8-week courses to provide the flexibility you need to advance your management, organizational and planning strategies. You can also key in on your specific professional goals by acquiring new skills through elective courses in technology management, financial management, business analytics, entrepreneurship, and other related fields.
Is this Program a Good Fit for You?
Technology management students are typically interested in:
See Yourself Succeed with a Degree In Technology Management
Innovation and Discovery
Take on our mission to build a better Texas that is eager to compete in an interconnected world with creativity, ethical leadership and imagination. We don’t just discover the future, we make it.
Our faculty counts with 46 years of combined work experience and 54 years teaching experience.
The College of Science and Engineering is a gateway to in-demand STEM careers projected to make up a significant portion of the U.S. and global economy.
Our faculty will help you tackle complex challenges and discover solutions with hands-on research in various fields.
Technology management students can advance their careers with an advanced degree from our flexible, online program. You'll learn to become a highly valued manager by applying your knowledge and approach to engineering, construction and operational issues.
Career Possibilities and Current Median Salaries
*Management analysts may expect a 14% projected job growth through 2026.
U.S. Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2020
Study of advanced strategic and financial planning techniques and methods that apply to contemporary technology-intensive organizations. Includes investigation of planning concepts and frameworks, methods for linking technology and business strategies, and comprehension of the nature of global competition, risk assessments, and business needs prioritization. Students will be required to do extensive reading, case study related research, and original writing assignments/projects.
Advanced study of the leadership attributes, theories, and concepts found within the contemporary fields of engineering and commercial construction, and within technology-intensive enterprises. Student will be required to conduct extensive reading, research and writing during this course of study.
Techniques and application of managing projects with emphasis on project management planning, scheduling, graphics, quantitative tools, pricing and estimating, cost controls, trade-offs, risk management, contracts, procurement, quality, and other related topics.
You will learn different research methodologies, analysis and the processes utilized in contemporary engineering- and technology-intensive disciplines.
Graduate Program Cost
Tuition and fees for graduate students taking nine credit hours are $3,669 for Texas residents and $7,341 for non-residents.
Note: The courses for this program are available only online (no face-to-face courses). This program is not available to international students.
- Select “Create a new graduate school admissions application.”
- Select “Texas A&M University-Commerce (Commerce)” as your “Target University.”
- Select “Technology Management, MS” as your “Major.”
- Pay the $50 application fee.
Wait to receive an application confirmation email before proceeding to the next step.
- After you submit your application, the Graduate School will send a confirmation email within two business days to the personal email account you used for ApplyTexas.
After you submit your application, you may be granted provisional status, which means you can enroll in one semester of courses. You will not be eligible for financial aid until you submit all of your documents and are accepted into the program.
Submit the following documents after you receive an application confirmation email.
- Upload your documents at myLeo > Apps > Check Admissions Application Status & Test Scores or email your documents to [email protected] unless otherwise specified below.
Contact your previous institution(s) and request that they send your official transcripts to [email protected].
- We recommend that you request transcripts for all of your academic work.
All international transcripts must be evaluated and the evaluation submitted to the Graduate School.
We accept evaluations sent directly from the following Agencies.
- If a normal evaluation is submitted, official original transcripts with all marksheets will still need to be submitted.
- If a WES ICAP or equivalent is submitted, we will not need the official transcripts to be submitted separately.
If your institution is unable to submit a digital copy, hard copies may be mailed to:
Texas A&M University-Commerce
Attn: Graduate School
PO Box 3011
Commerce, Texas 75429-3011
We will need official/original documents. If those documents are the only copies you have, the Graduate School can mail them back to you upon request. Contact [email protected] for more information.
Describe your preparation for graduate work and your academic interests and goals in no more than 500 words.
Submit a resume or curriculum vitae (CV) which includes your academic and professional history and achievements.
You do not need to submit GRE scores if you have:
- a completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. university with a 3.00 GPA overall or higher
- a completed master’s degree from a regionally accredited university with a 3.00 GPA overall or higher
If you do not meet the GPA exemption criteria, request that your GRE® scores be sent to Texas A&M University-Commerce (6188) when you register for the test. If you have already taken the GRE®, you can order additional score reports.
Look for application updates in myLeo > Apps > Check Application Status
- Once an admission decision has been made, you will receive an email to your student email account at myLeo > Apps > Leomail.
Once registration opens and you are eligible to enroll, your graduate enrollment specialist is here to help you complete registration.
- View your degree plan in DegreeWorks.
- View the schedule of classes.
- To register for classes, go to myLeo > Student Resources > Registration Menu.
Contact your graduate enrollment specialist if you have any questions regarding your degree plan and registration.